Preliminary Video Requirements
What should I record?
- An introduction of your name, school, grade, instrument and why you want to be a PMAY Artist (40 secs)
- Announce and play the scale(s) in the audition requirements; in quarter notes (20 secs)
- Announce and play the 1st piece or etude (1-3 mins)
- (If applicable) Announce and play the 2nd solo piece or etude (1-3 mins)
- The video should be one-take and unedited. You can try as many times as you want to and send in your best one.
- The length shouldn't exceed 7 mins
How should I record?
- Smart phone video in landscape orientation is acceptable
- Use the rear facing camera
- Use a tripod or rest the device on a stable platform. No handheld videos
- Ensure your whole self is visible and that you fully fill the frame.
- Record in a well-lit and spacious quiet room
- Dress professionally, like at a performance
- Look at the recording device when speaking
How should I submit the video?
- Upload the video to YouTube
- Copy the link to the online application page
- You may want to ensure that the video is "unlisted" to ensure privacy
- If you have unsure how to upload a video, please contact Najib Wong
When should I submit the video?
- Deadline is May 15, 2018
- Applications after May 15 will be placed on a waitlist
- You are encouraged to submit as early as possible to ensure an audition slot